Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Choosing a Car


Do you feel sorry for him? A motorcyclist going 150 mph on a 35 mph speed zone jumps red light and slams into a Toyota Sequoia SUV, sending him flying very high in the air and smashing full force on the road. Motorcyclist going 150 mph jumps red light and is hit by a Toyota Sequoia and dies.

I don't feel bad. When you drive 150 in any kind of vehicle, you're basically committing suicide anyway. Nope not really. How can I feel sorry for someone being that stupid? Going 150 in a 35? I mean ok probably hard NOT to jump a red light at that speed, and even if it had been slower I could feel bad because honestly I've screwed up and ran stop signs that I saw and for some reason my brain just didn't get through to stop.

Do you ever get nervous if an SUV Toyota is barreling behind you on the free/tollway? I saw this with another car.An SUV Toyota barreling behind a car.At an EXIT and you are supposed to slow down when exiting.

I've been driving too many years to get scared by drivers behind me; the ones coming the other way are the threat. Perhaps one in a thousand cars coming toward you has a design problem that makes it unsafe. The crucial thing about driving is that the interaction with other cars and drivers is all a numbers game, and driver problems outweigh any vehicle problem by an enormous ratio.

Curious? When I bought a honda civic LX in the nineties, it was great. Trying to decide between a honda suv and the toyota rav4? Know the honda is a little bigger this year, and comes with a V-6 as well as a V-4. Toyota only a V-4.

Let me see if I can help here: The 2006 Honda CRV only comes with a 4cyl engine, and the truck is the same size as last year. However, it will be upgraded this fall (for 2007) to an entirely new CRV (bigger, with more power, but probably still a 4cyl). Honda, if you want power. The bigger Honda Pilot is HUGE inside and only comes with a V6.

No comments:

Post a Comment